As a social work or mental healthcare student, you know that providing expert care is more than just a job. It’s how you put your values to work to heal your corner of the world.
JSSA’s field placement program for high school, undergraduate and graduate students, including PhD students, allows you to apply your education in the real world, working directly with patients and other professionals.
Get in touch today to learn more and apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate student interns at JSSA will practice:
- Coordinating and participating in trainings
- Developing curriculum and presentations for workshops
- Hospice care
- Writing reports and entering data
Graduate student interns will practice:
- Clinical skills building
- Family and group therapy skills
- Field work
- Individual case management
- Project management
- Demonstrate initiative by following up with staff and leadership as directed by supervisor(s)
- Seek input and feedback on a consistent basis from staff and supervisor/s and incorporate feedback into behavior
- Demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Respond quickly and accurately to staff direction
- Maintain a professional relationship with placement, parents, family members, teens, and school staff
- Appropriately and professionally document and write reports in a timely manner
- Utilize time management skills, and effectively meet all timelines
- Communicate & work with a multi-faceted team of professionals.
Applicants must be able to:
- Clear criminal background check
- Obtain a Level One fingerprint clearance card prior to start date
Please email any questions and/or completed applications to email@example.com.