Do you have a child struggling with school, a friend lost in depression, or a niece with special needs who is seeking independence? Perhaps your elderly mother is finding it harder to live on her own or a colleague is facing an end-of-life crisis. Is your school or synagogue seeking an expert speaker or do you need continuing education credits?
Think JSSA – we’re here to help. For more than 120 years, JSSA has been reaching out and helping individuals and families in Maryland, Northern Virginia and DC regardless of religious or ethnic background or ability to pay. We make a lasting difference in the lives of tens of thousands of people each year through a wide range of counseling, special needs services, educational and professional programs, in-home support, nursing care, volunteer assistance and social services.
From the youngest child to the most fragile senior – from individuals to entire families – our caring and experienced professionals provide tailored services and programs to meet every need.
This Past Year, JSSA Served and Supported More Than 30,000 Individuals... +
98% of Individuals Surveyed Say They Feel Better Overall
Those Served Say They Have Made Progress:
- Dealing with everyday problems: 99%
- Getting along with spouse or family : 96%
- Dealing with crisis: 97%
- Making new friends: 95%
- Performing in school or work: 91%
- On the way to finding a job: 100%
- Getting along in social situations: 97%
JSSA by the Numbers +
- JSSA provided mental health evaluation and treatment to 5,000+ children, teens and families
- 2, 250+ individuals with special needs and their families received services and support from JSSA
- JSSA served and supported 6,800+ seniors and their families.
- 123,500+ hours of care where provided by Premier Homecare
- Our highly trained and experienced interdisciplinary team worked collaboratively to support 1,925+ JSSA Hospice and Transitions patients and their family