Navigating end-of-life care is difficult. The combination of emotional and practical challenges can feel overwhelming. From symptom and pain management to emotional and spiritual guidance, our compassionate Hospice team works attentively every step of the way in supporting you and your loved one’s unique situation.
JSSA Hospice provides service to Montgomery County, Maryland residents and is available seven days a week and is completed by a registered nurse.
JSSA’s Hospice team offers caregivers and family members a broad range of services, information, and resources to help guide them through end-of-life care.
Hospice services include:
- 24/7 medical oversight
- Nutritional guidance
- Emotional support and counseling
- Pain management and symptom control
- Spiritual support and guidance
- Visit with trained volunteers providing massage, pet, and music therapy
- Provision of medications, medical supplies, and durable medical equipment
- Bereavement support for 13 months following the loss of a loved one
We offer these services wherever “home” is at:
- Private homes
- Retirement communities
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living facilities
- Independent living facilities
A Collaborative Approach
- 24/7 access to a hospice staff
- Collaboration with the patient’s primary physician
- Care is coordinated by an interdisciplinary team consisting of registered nurses, hospice physician, social workers, chaplains, hospice aides and volunteers
- Instruction in pain and symptom management
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate patient and family needs
- Hospice consultations and evaluations available at the location of your choice at no charge (physician’s order not required)
- JSSA can provide a consultation to patients in the hospital, but our services cannot be delivered in a hospital setting.
Transitions Care for Life-limiting Illnesses
Transition is a nationally recognized program for people living with life-limiting illnesses. More >>
JSSA Hospice is licensed by the State of Maryland and accredited by Community Health Accreditation Partners, a leader in home care accreditation.
If you are interested in becoming a JSSA Hospice or Transitions volunteer, please contact Connie Echeverria at 301-816-2611 or email@example.com.
- JSSA Hospice Intake Form
- Maryland Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
- Center for Medicare and Medicare Services: Hospice Benefits
Family Forms and Checklists:
- Personal Records, Inventory and Plans Upon Death Form
- JSSA’s Planning Guide Checklist/Arranging Your Affairs
- JSSA Hospice Falls Prevention Safety Tips-Checklist
- Maryland Advance Directives
JSSA Hospice Hotline – Available 24/7