From your very first phone call to JSSA Hospice our compassionate and highly skilled team works attentively every step of the way in supporting you and your loved one’s unique situation.
Admission to JSSA Hospice provides service to Montgomery County, Maryland residents and is available seven days a week and is completed by a registered nurse.
JSSA Hospice services include quality medical and support services, from symptom and pain management to emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families.
A Collaborative Approach
- 24/7 access to a hospice staff
- Collaboration with the patient’s primary physician
- Care is coordinated by an interdisciplinary team consisting of registered nurses, hospice physician, social workers, chaplains, hospice aides and volunteers
- Instruction in pain and symptom management
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate patient and family needs
- Hospice consultations and evaluations available at the location of your choice at no charge (physician’s order not required)
Hospice Services Include
- Provision of medications, medical supplies and durable medical equipment
- Nutritional advice and guidance
- Trained hospice volunteers provide a comforting presence, family support as well as a wide range of complimentary modalities including: pet, massage and music therapy
- Access to a broad range of JSSA support services
- Bereavement support for 13 months following the loss of a loved one
JSSA’s Hospice Team offers caregivers and family members a broad range of hospice services, information and resources to help guide them through end-of-life decisions.
Services “Wherever You Call Home”
Private Homes * Retirement Communities * Nursing Homes * Assisted Living Facilities * Hospitals * Independent Living Facilities
Transitions Care for Life-limiting Illnesses
Transition is a nationally recognized program for people living with life-limiting illnesses. More >>
JSSA Hospice is licensed by the State of Maryland and accredited by Community Health Accreditation Partners, a leader in home care accreditation.
If you are interested in becoming a JSSA Hospice or Transitions volunteer, please contact Carrie Myatt via phone at 301-816-2611 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JSSA Hospice Intake Form
- Maryland Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
- Center for Medicare and Medicare Services: Hospice Benefits
Family Forms and Checklists
- Personal Records, Inventory and Plans Upon Death Form
- JSSA’s Planning Guide Checklist/Arranging Your Affairs
- JSSA Hospice Falls Prevention Safety Tips-Checklist
- Maryland Advance Directives
JSSA Hospice – Available 24/7