Why Support JSSA?
Because every gift matters! Every day, individuals and families across the metropolitan DC area turn to JSSA for help with life challenges. Whether your gift is small or large, it brings comfort to those who turn to JSSA for in-home care, hospice, counseling, specialized employment, and more. From the cradle to the rocking chair, we are here. Your support empowers those who seek out JSSA.
By supporting JSSA you can help ensure that we continue our role as the leading provider of social services for all – regardless of religious or economic background.
Last Year’s Gifts Helped:
- 9,422 children and families receive expert mental health and counseling services from clinical social workers and care managers
- 1,558 individuals with special needs unlock development potential
- 7,623 seniors maintain independence and dignity (counseling, transportation, food delivery, social programs and more)
- 1,558 individuals and families received expert and compassionate end-of-life care
Your Gift of:
- $250 underwrites a year-long support group for parents who have lost a child
- $1,000 subsidizes 14 social skills therapy group sessions for children struggling to make friends
- $1,300 provides a homebound Holocaust survivor with 15 escorted round-trips to doctors’ appointments
- $1,500 funds one week of hospice care for a terminally ill patient
How Can You Make a Difference Today?
Whether through a cash donation, a legacy gift, volunteering your time, donating a used car, helping through workplace giving or supporting JSSA’s nearly 120 year mission through the gift of stocks and bonds, your generosity makes a critical difference every day in the lives of the more than 30,000 individuals and families we serve and support annually.
Every contribution has the potential to transform lives.
On behalf of all of us at JSSA, thank you for making a difference.