Specialized Employment Services
As part of JSSA’s mission to empower individuals to achieve well-being, we offer Specialized Employment Services (SES) to teens and adults with disabilities, including those with autism.
The program helps address employment challenges that individuals with disabilities face, including an unemployment rate of 70 percent nationally.
JSSA’s innovative SES program helps overcome these challenges. We do this by creating a win-win scenario in which we empower individuals with disabilities, and we assist businesses in identifying and retaining workers for hard-to-fill positions.
*Fees can be paid privately or by appropriate state agencies.*
Specialized Employment Services include:
- Career Assessment — Establish your career goals. Identify strengths, skills, career interests and aptitudes while addressing potential barriers to employment.
- Job Training — Develop appropriate workplace skills. Participate in highly interactive, individualized trainings at JSSA and at employer sites.
- Job Development — Find the right job. Through customized technology and “real world” based approaches, we help connect you to a network of diverse employers that match your skills and interests. We help you complete job applications, develop effective resumes and maximize your performance in interviews.
- Job Coaching and Retention — Gain independence through long-term employment. We assess and implement necessary onsite job support systems through: coaching; orientation and job onboarding; peer and supervisor communication; follow-up and retention support and workplace advocacy.
- Socialization and Social Support — Build confidence and enhance social skills. We offer Social Skills for Employment Readiness training. Benefit from access to JSSA’s broad range of counseling, care management and support services as part of an integrated
Our Results and Pre-employment Program
JSSA’s distinctive model of train-to-hire programs and on-the-job coaching has produced job placement and retention rates far above the national standard. We have been named “Provider of the Year” in the State of Maryland by Maryland Works, Inc. for the excellence and innovation of our disability employment services.
Our work with clients starts while they are still in school. Our SES pre-employment program matches youth ages 15-22 with internships and summer jobs, introducing them to the workplace and offering hands-on experience.
Working with Employers
For more than 30 years, JSSA has provided well qualified, dedicated employees that meet the needs of small and large employers in our community. These services are offered at no cost to employers. We have developed long-term working relationships with over 200 organizations in a variety of sectors such as retail, hospitality, custodial, food service, and IT, offering training and support to both the employee and the employer to ensure ongoing success.
To learn more, please call 301-587-9666 (MD) or 703-896-7551 (VA).