Job Opportunity: Registered Nurse – Weekends Visits
Our Hospice team has an immediate part-time opening for a Weekend Visit Nurse. For nearly 30 years, our hospice has offered a wide range of quality medical and support services, from symptom and pain management to emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families. We are the hospice in the community to turn to for exceptional end-of-life care that supports dignity and comfort for individuals, provides peace of mind to families, and honors cultural traditions and customs.
- The Weekend Visit Nurse will deliver quality hospice and palliative care services to patients in their place of residence.
- S/he will perform assessment of patient’s needs, serve as a clinical resource for referral sources and patients/family members, facilitate end of life conversations and decision-making with the family or caregiver.
- Additionally s/he will represent our organization when communicating with patients, families, and physicians.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- An active State of Maryland RN license, CHPN certification preferred, and a minimum of 3 years of acute care and/or hospice experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide meaningful care to communicate with the terminally ill.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; attention to detail; strong organization skills, and proficient computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records
- A valid driver’s license and reliable, independent transportation to provide care to hospice patients in Montgomery County.
- Must be able to work 2 weekends per month.
Rockville, MD 20852
Please submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter with salary requirements; and
- Resume; and
- Contact information for 3 supervisory references
JSSA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. In this regard, all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits and discipline are administered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or other classification protected by law. It is the responsibility of each member of management and every employee to actively implement this policy.