JSSA’s workshops and groups offerings cover a wide range of learning, behavioral, emotional, social and physical challenges for all ages.
Participating in a workshop or group provides an opportunity to learn from our highly skilled professionals and to share with others who are facing similar challenges. JSSA’s expert team of psychologists, psychiatrists, developmental pediatricians, educational and employment specialists lead groups throughout the year with new groups forming in the winter, spring, summer and fall.*
JSSA is continually forming additional groups based on individuals’ and parents’ specific needs and requests. We update our website daily with current offerings.
Fall Workshops and Groups Updates:
- The Paul & Annetta Himmelfarb Foundation Out and About Program: Deaf Social Club is now open.
- September 8, October 13, November 10, December 8 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Maryland Event locations
- $30/per event, Pre-registration required. Please contact Liz Katz, LCSW-C, firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the Support Group for Parents of Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders in Northern Virginia, please call Adena Levy, LCSW, at 703-896-7903.
This workshops is for young adults ages 19-30 who have a high functioning autism spectrum disorder or other related challenges and are interested in developing life skills to promote independence. Topics include organization and time management, budgeting and money management, communication skills, housing options, nutrition and more. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss personal discoveries and difficulties related to each topic.
Groups no longer available:
- Social Skills for 4th and 5th grade boys, ages 9-10 with ASD or related disorders – Northern Virginia
- Cool, Calm and Connected: A Social Skills Therapy Group for Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum or Related Disorders – Northern Virginia
- Dealing with Divorce: A Support Group for Children – Northern Virginia