Job Opportunity: Social Worker (Hospice) – LGSW, LCSW-C
Our hospice program has an opening for a LGSW or LCSW-C Social Worker. For over 30 years, our hospice has offered a wide range of home-based quality medical and support services, from symptom and pain management to emotional and spiritual guidance to patients and their families. We are the hospice in the community to turn to for exceptional end-of-life care that supports dignity and comfort for individuals, provides peace of mind to families, and honors cultural traditions and customs.
- Provide social work services to clients/family in their place of residence, to include assessing psychosocial factors impacting the client’s/family’s ability to cope, formulating and implementing a plan of care, and providing anticipatory grief support
- Attend Hospice admissions with Admissions Nurse, coordinate accompanying intake documentation, and assist families with decision-making around advance directives
- Assist families with identification of available community/agency resources and make referrals as appropriate
- Enter all relevant information into the EMR
- Provide bereavement support to loved ones
This is a great opportunity for a social worker with excellent communication, organization, and computer skills who has an interest in working in the hospice field and who can provide exceptional professional service.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Be adept at working independently within a highly collaborative interdisciplinary staff
- An active State of Maryland LGSW or LCSW-C license
- A minimum of one year of experience in a hospice program or related work
- A valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation to enable home visits within Montgomery County
Please submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter with salary requirements
• Contact information for 3 supervisory references
The Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) has been helping people across the Washington metropolitan area meet emotional, social, and physical challenges for more than 120 years. A nonsectarian provider, we serve people of all religious backgrounds, races and ethnicities, helping the youngest child to the most fragile senior, from individuals to entire families. JSSA provides services and support to nearly 31,000 individuals a year through our wide range of counseling, educational, specialized employment, in-home support, hospice and nursing care, and social services.
We are a growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We pride ourselves on our mission to be the first place for the Jewish community, as well as the community at large, to turn for clinical and social services of the highest quality that sustain and nurture all who seek assistance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. AA/M/F/D. Learn more about us at www.jssa.org