Job Opportunity: Nurse Clinical Director – Hospice
Our Hospice program has an immediate opening for a Nurse Clinical Director. This new position is a result of growth in JSSA’s Hospice Program and will provide a unique opportunity to grow and develop clinical excellence in an already strong and well established hospice program. This position will report to the Hospice Director and will be responsible for clinical oversight of the interdisciplinary teams and their managers.
- Provide clinical oversight and direction for Hospice Team managers and other Clinical Supervisors.
- Ensure effective management of clinical, supervisory functions as related to clinical staff.
- Possesses a comprehensive body of knowledge regarding hospice, and end of life care including symptom management.
- Ensure hospice policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines are adhered to by supervisors as well as clinical staff.
- Leads strategic team development and planning processes in concert with the organizations strategic plan.
- Ensures that all staff are clinically competent in their discipline specific field.
- Ensures quality standards are maintained and works collaboratively with Director of Education to identify and remediate learning needs of clinical staff.
- Creates a learning environment by teaching and coaching direct reports.
- Acts as an ambassador for the Hospice Program and JSSA in the community, and on assigned committees and task forces.
- Promotes and adheres to JSSA’s workplace values: dignity, integrity, hope, responsibility, inclusiveness and excellence.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years healthcare management/ leadership/supervisory experience with at least 2 years in hospice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health Administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a current state license, advanced certification preferred
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and sound judgment skills
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills
- Sensitively manages confidential information
Rockville, MD 20852
Please submit the following application materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 supervisory references