Center for Autism Through the Lifespan
For more than 20 years, JSSA’s Center for Autism Through the Lifespan has been providing cutting edge services, programs and support for children, adults and their families.
Understanding and Accessing Help
JSSA helps individuals on the spectrum and their families make informed decisions and access services that maximize development potential, functioning and quality of life. Our specialists offer:
- New! JSSA is now an autism waiver program provider. (Maryland only)
- Needs assessment and behavioral evaluations
- Creation and coordination of an integrated plan of care (Maryland only)
- Counseling, support groups, workshops
- Parent training (Maryland only)
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Neuropsychological, psychological and psycho-educational testing (available only for current JSSA clients) (Maryland only)
- Life skills, advocacy and future planning services (Maryland only)
Making Friends and Building Confidence
Individuals on the spectrum often struggle with understanding, managing and sustaining social relationships. JSSA’s social skills therapy groups, camps and monthly social clubs help participants strengthen social interactions with others, build confidence and gain real-world skills.
Finding the Right Job
JSSA’s multi-disciplinary team of supported employment specialists, counselors, job coaches and job developers identify strengths and abilities, assist with job searches and provide on-going job support.
The Martin family shares their story about how JSSA has provided support and helped coordinate care for their son Alex.