- This event has passed.
Healthcare Decisions Day 2019
April 16 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Beyond Hospice: Palliative Care in Montgomery County
Silver Spring Civic Center
1 Veterans Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910
About The Program
This program will feature a panel discussion addressing palliative care from all perspectives. Topics include:
- The role of palliative care in helping ensure quality of life during serious illness
- The current status of palliative care services in Montgomery County
- Key challenges in providing these important resources to patients and families
- Tim Cox (moderator), Senior Director, Home Based-Post Acute Care Evaluation and Oversight, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Geoff Coleman, MD, MHA, Chief Medical Officer, Montgomery Hospice
- Jeff Goldman, Director, Nexus Montgomery Regional Partnership/Vice President Population Health, Primary Care Coalition
- Margie Hackett, RN, Transition Guide Nurse Manager, Readmissions Initiative, Suburban Hospital
- Anna Maria Izquierdo-Porrera, MD PhD, Executive Director, Care for Your Health
- Henry Willner, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice
Who Should Attend?
Healthcare providers, hospice and palliative care staff, payers, patients and caregivers, and anyone concerned about, serving or touched by serious illness.
*2.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for social work available.
*Certificate of completion available for all attendees.