Job Opportunity: Weekday Night Nurse for Hospice
Our Hospice team has an immediate opening for an after-hours Weekday Night Nurse, Monday-Thursday (12 am. -8:30 a.m.) to provide direct nursing care to patients and support to their family members.
For nearly 30 years, our hospice has offered a wide range of quality medical and support services, from symptom and pain management to emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families. We are the hospice in the community to turn to for exceptional end-of-life care that supports dignity and comfort for individuals, provides peace of mind to families, and honors cultural traditions and customs.
- Provide routine care to patients as assigned and triaged
- Provide emergency visits as directed by on call service
- Make phone calls to assigned patients to triage symptoms
- Provide follow up phone calls to assess efficacy of recommended treatments
- Provide visits to confirm absence of vital signs
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience working independently with expert clinical skills (med-surg. or home health; critical care or hospice preferred)
- Must possess valid Maryland state RN licensure
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable, independent transportation to provide care to hospice patients in Montgomery County
Please submit the following application materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter with salary requirements; and
- Resume; and
- Contact information for 3 supervisory references