Job Opportunity: RN Weeknight Visit Nurse
Our Hospice team has an immediate opening for an after-hours on-call Weeknight Visit Nurse, Monday-Thursday (12 am. -8:30 a.m.) to provide direct nursing care to patients and support to their family members in their place of residence.
For nearly 30 years, our hospice has offered a wide range of quality medical and support services, from symptom and pain management to emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families. We are the hospice in the community to turn to for exceptional end-of-life care that supports dignity and comfort for individuals, provides peace of mind to families, and honors cultural traditions and customs.
- Identify and evaluate palliative needs of patients, utilizing the nursing process with particular attention to symptom assessments and response to treatment.
- Provide emergency visits as directed by on call service
- Provides follow up calls/visits to assess efficacy of recommended treatments
- Provide visits to confirm absence of vital signs
- Document patient care in accordance with Agency
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience working independently with expert clinical skills (med-surg. or home health; critical care or hospice preferred)
- Must possess valid Maryland RN licensure
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable, independent transportation to provide care to hospice patients in Montgomery County
Please submit the following application materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter with salary requirements; and
- Resume; and
- Contact information for 3 supervisory references