Job Opportunity: Grants Writer
JSSA’s growing Development team has an opening for an experienced full-time Grant Writer.
• Candidate will oversee Full-Cycle Grant management.
• Researching new prospects, identifying new funding opportunities, writing grant proposals, preparing grant reports and tracking reporting requirements/deadlines.
• Managing all pre-award and post-award activities for the agency and works in partnership with department directors and other stakeholders to ensure proposals meet the agency’s priorities.
• A Grant Writer must be an excellent researcher who not only finds the funding organization who’s grants match with their non-profit, but also must be an astute writer who knows how to properly appeal to the funding organizations board.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of successful grant writing experience; a master’s degree is preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience crafting funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner and success securing awards of $100,000 or more.
• Experience with some or all of the following: private/family foundation, local/county, state, federal and corporate proposals
• Ideal candidates will possess knowledge of social service, mental health and/or healthcare industries and the current trends in the field.
• Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized.
• Candidate must possess the capacity to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) required; Salesforce strongly preferred.
Ina Kay Building
200 Wood Hill Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Please submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter with salary requirements
• Contact information for 3 supervisory references
The Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) has been helping people across the Washington metropolitan area meet emotional, social, and physical challenges for more than 120 years. A nonsectarian provider, we serve people of all religious backgrounds, races and ethnicities, helping the youngest child to the most fragile senior, from individuals to entire families. JSSA provides services and support to nearly 31,000 individuals a year through our wide range of counseling, educational, specialized employment, in-home support, hospice and nursing care, and social services.
We are a growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We pride ourselves on our mission to be the first place for the Jewish community, as well as the community at large, to turn for clinical and social services of the highest quality that sustain and nurture all who seek assistance. Learn more about us at www.jssa.org AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/AA/M/F/D.